Join us for in-person MBV summer 2023!
MBV will be in-person in 2023!
MBV is a weeklong business and career development summer camp that brings together students in grades 9-12 to learn business, leadership, and financial literacy skills.
This is a great opportunity for you to network with students from across the country, hear from business owners, build skills needed for your resume and future job, learn information you’ll need for college applications, and help you learn about the career you’d like in the future.
At MBV students work in small teams or “companies” to create a fictitious product and business plan that is presented at the end of the session, Shark Tank-style. Other activities include guest keynote speakers, games, mock interviews, team-building exercises, breakout sessions, and more!
MBV is the perfect opportunity for students to learn about the jobs of the future, career skills they will need, develop technology skills, and connect with new people. MBV is open to any student in grades 9-12 in the United States.
2023 MBV dates coming soon!
MBV is open to all students in grades 9-12 from public, private, charter, and home schools. The cost is kept low for all students thanks to BestPrep’s generous sponsors of businesses, foundations, associations, and individuals.
For questions, call 763-233-6325
- Jesse Ross – Mr. Jesse Ross LLC
- “Dare to Dream” – Stephen Weatherly, Minnesota Vikings
- “An Entrepreneur Story,” – Abenezer Ayana, BraillEazy and Fendesha
- David Clark, Nestle
- “Money and Values,” – Sophie Bera, Gen Y Planning
- “Developing Your Brand,” – Jim Scott, MONO
- Dessa – Singer, rapper and writer
- “Leadership Today” – Roz Tsai, Thrivent
- Biel Wiel, Dryvn AI
- “Tips to Presenting” – Jesse Ross, Mr. Jesse Ross LLC
- “Dream to Action” – Jael Kerandi, University of Minnesota
- Harry Waters Jr.
- Lindsay Moser, The Hunger Diaries
- Bella Lam, Coconut Whisk Co.
Create a business and present the plan. It’s a competition!
- Get inspired by entrepreneurs
- Stay engaged in interactive sessions
- Learn about personal finance and how you can get ahead today
- Practice interview skills with real professionals
- Show off your skills through photo challenges
- Movement/stretch breaks
- Build a resume
- Learn about careers of the future
- Understand your own personal brand
- Meet celebrity drop-ins!
Learn more about MBV and view answers to Frequently Asked Questions, including:
- Who goes to MBV?
- Why should I attend?
- How do I “attend” MBV?
- How much does it cost?
- How do I apply?
- How many students attend?
- What do we do during the week of MBV?
- What is a typical day like?
- What do I need to bring?
- AND MORE!
Since Minnesota Business Venture’s inception in 1981, we have had more than 9,000 high school students participate. We at BestPrep (formerly known as Business Economics Education Foundation – BEEF) would enjoy hearing about how MBV impacted you, your education and career.
There are many wonderful opportunities for you to participate and volunteer with MBV or BestPrep’s other programs. Contact us to get involved!
2022 Impact Numbers
Minnesota Business Venture makes an impact annually on the students in the program.
Connect With Us
Thank you to our 2022 MBV Sponsors!
Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America
Flaherty Family Foundation
Fred C. and Katherine B. Andersen Foundation
General Mills Foundation
H.B. Fuller Foundation
Piper Sandler Companies
Securian Financial Foundation
The WEM Foundation
- Bell Bank
- Choice Bank
- Citizens Independent Bank
- Coulee Bank
- Fingerhunt Family Foundation
- First West Bank and Trust
- Great River Energy
- Highland Bank
- Hiway Credit Union
- Bob and Candee Kaitz
- Margaret Rivers Fund
- MidWestOne Bank
- Minnwest Bank
- Morgan Stanley
- North American Banking Company
- North Shore Bank of Commerce
- North Star Resource Group
- Northeast Bank
- ONB Bank
- Peace Women’s Financial Group
- Platinum Bank
- Rochester Commercial Banks-Associated Bank
- Todd and Jenni Schnobrich
- TCF Foundation
- Wings Financial Foundation
- Xcel Energy Foundation