MBV will be in-person in 2022!
MBV is a weeklong business and career development summer camp that brings together students in grades 9-12 to learn business, leadership, and financial literacy skills.
This is a great opportunity for you to network with students from across the country, hear from business owners, build skills needed for your resume and future job, learn information you’ll need for college applications, and help you learn about the career you’d like in the future.
At MBV students work in small teams or “companies” to create a fictitious product and business plan that is presented at the end of the session, Shark Tank-style. Other activities include guest keynote speakers, games, mock interviews, team-building exercises, breakout sessions, and more!
MBV is the perfect opportunity for students to learn about the jobs of the future, career skills they will need, develop technology skills, and connect with new people. MBV is open to any student in grades 9-12 in the United States.
2022 MBV Dates:
(CLOSED) Session 1: July 10-15, 2022 at University of St. Thomas, St. Paul (CLOSED)
(WILL CLOSE JUNE 30) Session 2: July 24-29, 2022 at St. John’s University, Collegeville, MN
- “Dare to Dream” – Stephen Weatherly, Minnesota Vikings
- “An Entrepreneur Story,” – Abenezer Ayana, BraillEazy and Fendesha
- David Clark, Nestle
- “Money and Values,” – Sophie Bera, Gen Y Planning
- “Developing Your Brand,” – Jim Scott, MONO
- Dessa – Singer, rapper and writer
- “Leadership Today” – Roz Tsai, Thrivent
- “Tips to Presenting” – Jesse Ross, Mr. Jesse Ross LLC
- “Dream to Action” – Jael Kerandi, University of Minnesota
- Lindsay Moser, The Hunger Diaries
Create a business and present the plan. It’s a competition!
- Get inspired by entrepreneurs
- Stay engaged in interactive sessions
- Learn about personal finance and how you can get ahead today
- Practice interview skills with real professionals
- Show off your skills through photo challenges
- Movement/stretch breaks
- Build a resume
- Learn about careers of the future
- Understand your own personal brand
- Meet celebrity drop-ins!
Learn more about MBV and view answers to Frequently Asked Questions, including:
- Who goes to MBV?
- Why should I attend?
- How do I “attend” MBV?
- How much does it cost?
- How do I apply?
- How many students attend?
- What do we do during the week of MBV?
- What is a typical day like?
- What do I need to bring?
- AND MORE!
Since Minnesota Business Venture’s inception in 1981, we have had more than 9,000 high school students participate. We at BestPrep (formerly known as Business Economics Education Foundation – BEEF) would enjoy hearing about how MBV impacted you, your education and career.
There are many wonderful opportunities for you to participate and volunteer with MBV or BestPrep’s other programs. Contact us to get involved!
2021 Impact Numbers
Minnesota Business Venture makes an impact annually on the students in the program.
Connect With Us
Thank you to our 2021 MBV Sponsors!
- The Allstate Foundation
- Arby’s Foundation & Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc.
- Wells Fargo
- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America
- Boston Scientific
- Ecolab Foundation
- Flaherty Family Foundation
- Fred C. and Katherine B. Andersen Foundation
- General Mills Foundation
- Great Clips
- H.B. Fuller Foundation
- K.A.H.R. Foundation
- McVay Foundation
- Piper Sandler Companies
- Schott Foundation
- Securian Financial Foundation
- Voya Foundation
- The WEM Foundation
- Wenger Foundation
- 21st Century Bank
- Advisor Group
- Choice Bank
- Citizens Independent Bank Community Foundation
- Coulee Bank
- The Fingerhut Family Foundation
- First National Bank of Milaca
- First National Bank Waseca
- First Western Bank & Trust
- Anita Goebel
- Great River Energy
- Hiway Federal Credit Union
- Hubbard Broadcasting Foundation
- Katie S. Kloster
- Christine and Charles Lane
- Margaret Rivers Fund
- MidWestOne Bank
- New Market Bank
- North American Banking Company
- North Shore Bank Of Commerce
- W.C. Rasmussen-Northeast Bank Foundation
- ONB Bank
- Peace Women’s Financial Group
- Rochester Commercial Banks-Associated Bank, Bremer Bank, F&M Bank,
- Home Federal Bank, Merchants Bank, Minnwest Bank, Premier Bank
- Rochester, Sterling State Bank, Think Mutual Bank, U.S. Bank, Wells Fargo
- Bank, West Bank
- Roundbank – Waseca
- Todd and Jenni Schnobrich
- Bill Schramm
- TCF Foundation
- Walmart – Blaine #5976
- Walmart – Buffalo
- Walmart – Cambridge
- Wings Financial Credit Union
- World Kinect Energy Services
- Xcel Energy