Registration is closed for 2021!
*REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR 2021*
Minnesota Business Venture (MBV) will be virtual for summer 2021.
MBV is a virtual four-day business and career development summer camp that brings together students in grades 9-12 to learn business, leadership, and financial literacy skills.
This is a great opportunity for you to network with students from across the country, hear from business owners, build skills needed for your resume and future job, learn information you’ll need for college applications, and help you learn about the career you’d like in the future.
At MBV students work in small teams or “companies” to create a fictitious product and business plan that is presented at the end of the session, Shark Tank-style. Other activities include guest keynote speakers, games, mock interviews, team-building exercises, breakout sessions, and more!
MBV is the perfect virtual opportunity for students to learn about the jobs of the future, career skills they will need, develop technology skills, and connect with new people. MBV is open to any student in grades 9-12 in the United States.
2021 MBV Dates:
Session 1: July 12-15, 2021, 9am-1pm CST
Session 2: July 26-29, 2021, 9am-1pm CST
MBV is open to all students in grades 9-12 from public, private, charter, and home schools. The cost is kept low for all students thanks to BestPrep’s generous sponsors of businesses, foundations, associations, and individuals.
For questions, call 763-233-6325
- “Dare to Dream” – Stephen Weatherly, Minnesota Vikings
- “An Entrepreneur Story,” – Abenezer Ayana, BraillEazy and Fendesha
- David Clark, Nestle
- “Money and Values,” – Sophie Bera, Gen Y Planning
- “Developing Your Brand,” – Jim Scott, MONO
- Dessa – Singer, rapper and writer
- “Leadership Today” – Roz Tsai, Thrivent
- “Tips to Presenting” – Jesse Ross, Mr. Jesse Ross LLC
- “Dream to Action” – Jael Kerandi, University of Minnesota
- Lindsay Moser, The Hunger Diaries
Create a business and present the plan. It’s a competition!
- Get inspired by entrepreneurs
- Stay engaged in interactive sessions
- Learn about personal finance and how you can get ahead today
- Practice interview skills with real professionals
- Show off your skills through photo challenges
- Movement/stretch breaks
- Build a resume
- Learn about careers of the future
- Understand your own personal brand
- Meet celebrity drop-ins!
Learn more about MBV and view answers to Frequently Asked Questions, including:
- Who goes to MBV?
- Why should I attend?
- How do I “attend” MBV?
- How much does it cost?
- How do I apply?
- How many students attend?
- What do we do during the week of MBV?
- What is a typical day like?
- What do I need to bring?
- AND MORE!
Since Minnesota Business Venture’s inception in 1981, we have had more than 9,000 high school students participate. We at BestPrep (formerly known as Business Economics Education Foundation – BEEF) would enjoy hearing about how MBV impacted you, your education and career.
There are many wonderful opportunities for you to participate and volunteer with MBV or BestPrep’s other programs. Contact us to get involved!
2021 Impact Numbers
Minnesota Business Venture makes an impact annually on the students in the program.
Connect With Us
Thank you to our 2020 MBV Sponsors!
- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America
- The Allstate Foundation
- Arby’s Foundation
- Ecolab Foundation
- Flaherty Family Foundation
- Fred C. and Katherine B. Andersen Foundation
- FS Foundation
- General Mills Foundation
- Great Clips, Inc.
- Hiway Federal Credit Union
- K.A.H.R. Foundation
- Leonette M. and Fred T. Lanners Family Foundation
- McVay Foundation
- Piper Sandler & Co.
- Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation
- Securian Financial Foundation
- University of St. Thomas
- Voya Foundation
- Wells Fargo
- Wenger Foundation
- 21st Century Bank
- Andy and Denise Bittinger
- Boston Scientific
- Castle Rock Bank
- Choice Bank
- Citizens Independent Bank Community Foundation
- Coulee Bank
- Deerwood Bank
- Cindy and Jim Drahos
- Fidelity Bank
- The Fingerhut Family Foundation
- First Farmers & Merchants
- First National Bank of Milaca
- First Western Bank & Trust
- Anita Goebel
- Granite Falls Bank
- Great River Energy
- Jay and Kali Higgins
- Highland Bank
- Hubbard Broadcasting Foundation
- Kensington Bank
- Katie S. Kloster
- Margaret Rivers Fund
- Tim and Lacey Mercil
- MidWestOne Bank
- Curt and Jennifer Morgan
- Morgan Stanley
- New Market Bank
- North American Banking Company
- North Shore Bank of Commerce
- W.C. Rasmussen-Northeast Bank Foundation
- Marc and Laurie Olson
- ONB Bank
- Peace Women’s Financial Group
- Steve and Mary Pinick
- Jason and Hillary Plank
- Rochester Commercial Banks – Associated Bank, Bremer Bank, F&M Community Bank, Home Federal Bank, Merchants Bank, Minnwest Bank, Premier Bank Rochester, Sterling State Bank, Think Mutual Bank, U.S. Bank, Wells Fargo Bank, West Bank
- Roundbank – Waseca
- Todd and Jenni Schnobrich
- Schott Foundation
- Bill Schramm
- TCF Foundation
- Walmart – Cambridge
- Walmart – Vadnais Heights
- Wings Financial Credit Union
In partnership with:
MBV News and Events
Minnesota Business Venture, Session 2: Day 4 Empowerment Day, Sponsored by the Allstate FoundationLearn More
Minnesota Business Venture, Session 2: Day 3 Career Day, Sponsored by St. John’s University, Donald McNeely Center for EntrepreneurshipLearn More
Minnesota Business Venture, Session 2: Day 2 Financial Freedom Day, Sponsored by Wells FargoLearn More