Looking for a way to give back this summer? BestPrep offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities for business professionals to partner with educators and students. With varying time commitments and locations, check out these opportunities:
At the Minnesota Business Venture (MBV) summer camp for high school students:
Mock Interviewer (30 needed each week)
- St. Cloud State- July 12, 12:30-3:00
- St. John’s University- July 26, 12:30-3:00
As a Mock Interviewer, you will sit down with a student and conduct a brief interview, followed by feedback to help them improve their interview skills. An HR background is not required.
Financial Planner (12-15 needed each week)
- St. Cloud State- July 14, 10:00-11:30
- St. John’s University- July 28, 10:00-11:30
We are seeking professional financial planners and/or advisors to lead a small group of students in discussions about the importance of effective financial planning.
Business Plan Judge (20 needed each week)
- St. Cloud State- July 14, 12:00 – 4:00
- St. John’s University- July 28, 12:00 – 4:00
Participating as a judge is an excellent opportunity for you to see what students learn at MBV, and to give feedback to the students on the business plan that they have worked hard to create. Sign up early for this popular “Shark Tank” style volunteer opportunity.
Resident Business Leader (15 needed each week)
- St. Cloud State- July 9-15 (Full Week)
- St. John’s University- July 23-29 (Full Week)
Resident Business Leaders directly mentor a team of students and guide them through the week’s activities. This week-long volunteer commitment is a wonderful professional development opportunity. Contact BestPrep to see if your employer has previously supported participation in this program.
At the Technology Integration Workshop for Minnesota educators:
Business Partner – Host a teacher in a job shadow (80 needed)
- August 1 – Lunch at noon at University of St. Thomas in downtown Minneapolis, and
- August 2 – Job shadow at your office from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Business Partners host teachers participating in BestPrep’s teacher workshop for a half-day job shadow to witness today’s workplace in action. You’ll help a teacher learn firsthand about the world of business, an area most teachers have little experience with, and impart knowledge of workplace skills students can develop in their classes. Great volunteer opportunity for groups!